motormodz Sd. Bhd. (referred to as the “Company”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to the protection of your Personal Data and takes the matter of protecting your privacy as high priority.
This Privacy Statement explains general terms on how we collect, use and protect the privacy of your Personal Data under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA"). The PDPA was gazetted in June 2010 and came into force on 15 November 2013 to regulate the use of Personal Data commercial transactions.
What Personal Data do we collect?
The types of Personal Data that we collect directly from you or from third parties depend on the circumstances of collection and on the nature of the service requested or transaction undertaken. It may include (but is not limited to):
- personal information e.g., name;
- contact information, e.g., address, phone number and email address;
- payment information, e.g., credit or debit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date;
- technical information, e.g., IP address; and
- statistical data, e.g., number of passengers, and hits to website.
How do we collect your Personal Data?
- when registering on motormodz.com;
- via our website;
- when making a purchase;
Some of the other ways we may collect Personal data shall include (but is not limited to):
- communications with you via telephone, letter, what’sapp and email;
- when you visit our website or one of our Partner’s websites;
- when you contact us in person;
- when we contact you in person;
How do we collect your Personal Data from our website?
From our website, we collect your Personal Data in the following ways:
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
You can adjust settings on your browser so that you will be notified when you receive a cookie. Please refer to your browser documentation to check if cookies have been enabled on your computer or to request not to receive cookies. As cookies allow you to take advantage of some of the Website’s essential features, we recommend that you accept cookies. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you may not be able to use all products or services on the Website that require you to log-in.
It is important that you prevent unauthorised access to your password and your computer. You should always log out after using a shared computer.
Online Purchasing System
Our online purchasing system resides in a secure server that encrypts your purchase information using Secure Socket Layers. Furthermore, we use Maybank or iPay88 for payment processing and no credit card or bank details are stored on motormodz servers, nor do motormodz staff have access to this data. We use all reasonable endeavours to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse and alteration. Only authorized employees and agents will have access to your Personal Data. However, you are responsible for your user ID or password that is used on our web site. You should take due care to protect them.
User Feedback Form
Our Customer Care Feedback Form requires you to give us contact information (e.g. your name and email address) so that we can respond to your comments. We use your contact information from the registration form to send you information about our company. Your contact information is also used to contact you where necessary. Demographic and profile data are also collected at our site. We use your Personal Data to tailor your experience at our site by showing you contents that we think you may be interested in contents according to your preferences.
We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the websites. This software does not enable us to capture any personal passenger information.
What do we use your Personal Data for?
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to enable us to provide our services and perform our services to you;
- to facilitate your online experience (e.g., making a purchase);
- to verify your identity if required;
- to process any commercial transaction (e.g. online purchases);
- to facilitate your participation in our loyalty programs (not yet active);
- to investigate and respond to claims and inquiries from you;
- to remind you to complete your purchase and/or offer our assistance (in case, for instance, failure to complete due to technical difficulties). This is an optional service. You can choose not to receive these emails at any time by following the link at the bottom of each such email;
- for financial purposes such as credit or other payment card verification, accounting, billing and audit; and / or
- for business development purposes such as statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, maintenance and development, customer surveys, customer relations to advise on products or to help us in any future dealings with you, for example by identifying your requirements and preference;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements; and/ or
- for all other purposes ancillary to any of the purposes stated above.
- to communicate promotions, offers, product, services and information on products and activities, promotions or other notifications in relation to your profile;
- marketing/cross-marketing and communicating with you in relation to products and services offered by us and our service partners; and/or
- for all other purposes ancillary to any of the purposes stated above.
Accessing / Limiting / Correcting / Updating your Personal Data
You may request to obtain information of your Personal Data, limit the processing of your Personal Data and also update or make amendments to your Personal Data by logging into your online account and make changes.
Please note that it is obligatory for the Company to process your Personal Data for the Core Purpose as stated above, without which you will not be able to make purchases on motormodz.com. If we do not have your consent to process your Personal Data for the Ancillary Purposes, we will not be able to keep you updated about our future, new and/or enhanced services and products.
Nevertheless, you may stop receiving promotional activities by:
- unsubscribing from the mailing list;
- editing the relevant account settings to unsubscribe; or
- sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
To whom do we disclose your Personal Data?
We will not trade or sell your Personal Data to third parties. Your Personal Data shall only be disclosed or transferred to the following third parties appointed or authorised by the Company for the fulfilment of the Purpose:
- credit card verification providers,
- data warehouse;
- IT service providers;
- data analytics and/or marketing agency;
- other third parties in order to process your commercial transactions;
- legal bodies as permitted or required by law such as in compliance with a warrant or subpoena issued by a court of competent jurisdiction; and/or
How long may we retain your Personal Data?
We will not retain your Personal Data longer than necessary for the fulfilment of the Purpose. However, relevant Personal Data may be retained subject to the conditions below:(a) as and when required under legislation; or(b) where legal actions have arisen and are pending.
The Company shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted when no longer required for the Purpose and prepare disposal schedule for inactive data with 24 month period.
Changes to Privacy Statement
Please note that this Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time in accordance to applicable laws and regulations and such variations may be applicable to you. The latest version of this Privacy Statement will be made available to all customers on motormodz.com. Do revisit our website from time to time for updates on our Privacy Statement.
Links to third party website
We may link this website and/or our applications to other companies or organizations websites (collectively, “Third Party Sites”). This Privacy Notice does not apply to such Third Party Sites as those sites are outside our control. If you access Third Party Sites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may collect your personal information. Please ensure that you are satisfied with the privacy statements of these Third Party Sites before you submit any personal information. We try, as far as we can, to ensure that all third party linked sites have equivalent measures for protection of your personal information, but we cannot be held responsible legally or otherwise for the activities, privacy policies or levels of privacy compliance of these Third Party Sites.
Designation: Customer Service
Phone no.: +6018 253 0929
Email Address: email@example.com